5 replies to this topic

#1 DermCoach

DermCoach

Silver

• General
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Take your career to the highest level and show your dedication to our profession and clients with the NCEA Certification with fellow SBB members!  DermCoach Esthetic Institute in Sacramento is an approved training facility and will soon start the 6-week course in May to prepare you for your test and certification.

SPECIAL OFFER to all SBB members is $895 instead of $995 and includes your training materials and NCEA Certified Instructor and test. For more information, please see www.dermcoach.com on the NCEA Certified page or call Danielle at (916) 200-9280.

#2 estyshell

estyshell

Diamond

• Private.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

A thousand dollar prep course for an exam?!   :(

#3 DermCoach

DermCoach

Silver

• General
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

The total NCEA materials and testing cost ends up being $634. The classroom cost for 6 classes is only $261 or $43.50 per class.  If you live near the Sacramento area, this is great option for you, if like learning in a group setting and need the structure to get through the program. The NCEA instructors at DermCoach are the most experienced and giving of their knowledge and time, so $43.50 is  quite a fair price. No one is profiting here but the student, their clients and all estheticians at large.  For details, please call Danielle at (916) 200-9280.

#4 DermCoach

DermCoach

Silver

• General
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

In California, we are not able to take the 1200 Hour Master Aesthetician Program. In fact, our state board doesn't require that CA aestheticians earn continuing hours of education each year to renew our licenses either.  Due to our state board's low standards, many California estheticians are struggling to find ways to get educated in a non-biased or product neutral way.  We are also looking for truly gifted educators who have a proven track record of success and an ability to empower other via education.  By getting NCEA Certified, we show the CA State Board that we care deeply for consumer safety, raising the bar, keeping current and continuously improving our knowledge and skills. Without the NCEA Certification, the only next step would to become a nurse.

#5 estyshell

estyshell

Diamond

• Private.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

View Postestyshell, on 08 April 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

A thousand dollar prep course for an exam?!   :(

Guess I missed the part about the materials/testing cost being included. ;)

#6 src

src

Root Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,069 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

I am going to be teaching many of these classes in Sacramento.  I am really excited to help estheticians get NCEA Certified!

I'm embarassed about how long it took me to get NCEA Certified.  :blush:  I had the manual and just could not motivate myself to put it at the top of my to-do list.  I probably would have been a great candidate for this prep series if we would have had it available in Sacramento at the time.  I am thrilled the prep classes are now available in the Sacramento area for those who prefer to learn via classroom participation.  It may be more expensive, but I'm willing to bet the financial commitment gets the job done a whole lot faster.  :eek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users