NCEA Certified Esthetician
Speaker, Author, Consultant
In 1999, I fully intended to leave my days as a stay-at-home mommy behind and resume my successful court reporting career. But much to my surprise, something had shifted in me, and I no longer had the passion (and patience) for the pressure that comes with a career in the field of law. So I decided to follow a long-standing dream which was to open a Wellness Center for women. I recognized that I had NO experience in this field so I set out to learn everything I could, and part of that was going back to school to become a licensed Esthetician.
Shortly after earning my Esthetician license, I opened a day spa which I eventually sold to an employee when my family relocated. In my new city, I opened a solo esthetics practice, and I earned my NCEA Certified credential in 2008. In 2019, I was awarded the Lifetime NCEA Certified credential.
In 2006, I created SpaBizBoard, the first subscription membership site for spa professionals. SpaBizBoard went on to become a most trusted resource for Estheticians for 11 years until I retired her from public view in 2017.
I have written two books for the Esthetics trade, Estheticians are a Girl’s Best Friend and The Heart of Esthetics; and in 2019, I created an online course for Solo Estheticians also called The Heart of Esthetics. In 2020, I launched a second course which I created for newly-licensed Estheticians: Ultimate Guide for New Estheticians.
Throughout my 20-plus years in the esthetics business, I have written articles for Les Nouvelles Esthetiques & Spa magazine and served on their Technical Advisory Board. I have been a speaker and Master of Ceremonies at International Congress of Esthetics & Spa trade shows. I have contributed to and produced events for BeWell Expo, NCEA and other esthetics-related organizations.
- Licensed Esthetician – California (1999-)
- NCEA Certified Professional Esthetician (2008-)
- Lifetime Award: NCEA Certified Professional Esthetician (2019-)
- NCEA Certified Professional Esthetician Exam Prep Instructor
- Creator/owner of SpaBizBoard, the first private/subscription online message board for spa professionals (2006-)
- Esthetician Consultant/Trainer
- Creator/owner of Skin Renewal Center in Davis, California (2000-2004)
- Esthetician volunteer for American Cancer Society’s “Look Good Feel Better” program
- Commendation by California Lt. Governor Cruz M. Bustamonte in Recognition of Dedicated Service to the “Look Good Feel Better” program
- Fully insured – Associated Skin Care Professionals
- Certified – CPR/First Aid/AED
- Master of Ceremonies – International Congress of Esthetics & Spa, Long Beach CA (2016)
- Master of Ceremonies – National Esthetic Teacher Training
- (2015) Author contributor – Dermascope Magazine
- Author contributor – Les Nouvelles Esthetiques & Spa Magazine
- Speaker – International Congress of Esthetics & Spa (Miami, Dallas, Philadelphia, Long Beach)
- Speaker contributor – Israel International Congress of Esthetics & Spa
- Advisory Board Member – Les Nouvelles Esthetiques & Spa Magazine
- Member of NCEA (National Coalition of Estheticians, Manufacturers/Distributors & Associations)
- Author – NOTES FROM YOUR FAIRY GODMOTHER (book)
- Author – ESTHETICIANS ARE A GIRL’S BEST FRIEND (book)
- Author – THE HEART OF ESTHETICS: Creating Loyal Clients & Achieving Financial Success (book)
- Director and Lead Esthetician – BeWell Expo, Skin Analysis Lounge (Los Angeles 2012)
- Director and Lead Esthetician – BeWell Expo, Skin Analysis Lounge (Pasadena CA 2013)
- Executive Producer – BeWell Expo 2014 (Sacramento CA)
- Instructor – The Business of Esthetics (The Learning Exchange)
- Instructor – National Esthetic Teacher Training (NETT) 2014
- Core Team Member – Deepak Chopra live events (2019)
- Course Instructor – “THE HEART OF ESTHETICS: Creating Loyal Clients & Achieving Financial Success” online course (2019-ongoing)
- Course Instructor – “THE ULTIMATE GUIDE FOR NEW ESTHETICIANS: Jumpstart Your Career” online course (2020-ongoing)
Les Nouvelles Esthetiques & Spa Magazine (including but not limited to):
- Mastering Peels
- Connecting with Clients: Blogging to Build your Brand
- Know your Sources: Sifting through Digital Information via Social Media
- Top Qualifiers when Choosing Back Bar Products
- The New Client Questionnaire
- Banish Bridezilla Blues: Behold the Bridal Service Buffet!
- The Art of the Client Consultation: Boost Retail Sales and Expand your Client Base
- Ladies who Lunch – With a Side of Spa
- Online Retailing: Is it Helping or Hurting your Spa Business?
- Social Media Marketing: Too Much of a Good Thing?
- Choosing a Back Bar Line
- Spa Dreaming
- Dare to Inspire – ‘men-tor: A trusted counselor or guide’
- The Heart of Estheticis: Creating Loyal Clients & Achieving Financial Success (2013) 2nd edition coming in 2021
- Estheticians are a Girl’s Best Friend (2nd edition, 2016)
- Notes from Your Fairy Godmother: Ideas, Inspiration and Joy for Women (2nd edition, 2020)